I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve. I plan on sitting here in my warm cozy house, stuffing my face with all of the finger foods I made today, playing Wii with the hubby and kids, making smores when it's dark, drinking Sparkling Grape Juice, and watching the ball drop! What a GREAT evening! God Bless!
It really saddens me how you spend so much time to prepare for Christmas, and then it's over so quickly! Even though I feel a little bit of relief to have it out of the way, I really don't want to put my decorations away just yet. It always feels so bare when they are gone. Guess I'll have to go shopping to find decor to replace the Christmas stuff ; )! Christmas was great in the Martin house this year. We woke up, had coffee and hot chocolate, then watched Addy open a few of her gifts. The other kids weren't here for Christmas morning, so we decided to let her open the rest when they were here. We got dressed and went to my MIL house for some food, then drove to Lubbock to pick up the kiddos and came back! It was a little different this year since we spent most of the day in the car, but I wouldn't of had it any other way. We had tons of fun singing Christmas songs and just enjoying being with one another. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. My silly camera has been pooping out on me, and Santa forgot to bring me a new one this year! Guess I'll have to treat myself in the next few weeks...hehe. I am normally not one to make New Years Resolutions but this year is a little different. Since I've had Addy I have been a few pound heavier than I am used to, and it's really bothering me. I am going to get back into the gym, eat healthier, and start taking more time for ME. I never do anything for myself anymore (get a mani/pedi, hair done, shop, tan, etc.) I just can't seem to ever find the time or I feel like the kids need something that's more important. Well for the new year I am going to start doing more things for ME and I am going to enjoy it and not try to feel guilty. I think it's important for a mom and wife to take this time to relax and feel pretty! I also plan on spending more time with God and growing more with him. I have been so blessed with the life I have and everyone in it, and I am so not deserving of it, so it's important to me that I take time everyday to thank him and talk to him! This bible verse really touched me and it's wonderful for the New Year... Philippians 3:13-14 No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.
Matthew 1:18-25 Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. (19) And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. (20) But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. (21) She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” (22) All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: (23) “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us). (24) When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, (25) but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.
I wish all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and many blessings!
I saw this on another blog and I thought it would be fun to do this! I can't believe Christmas is two days away!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer to use gift bags but I also love to see the kids rip open their presents, so I will be using both this year! 2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial this year. I have two up. One in my den, and one in Addy's room. Next year I will be purchasing a real one for the den, and keep the artificial ones for other rooms! 3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up the day after Thanksgiving. 4. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I can only drink it once or twice during the holiday season. 5. Favorite gift received as a child? oh gosh.....I honestly have no clue. Probably matching baby dolls that my sister and I got. 6. Do you have a nativity scene? No, unfortunately. I plan on getting one after Christmas. 7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably Bobby. He is so picky! 8. Easiest person to buy for? Probably my girls. They love all the girly stuff...dolls, makeup, jewelry, etc. 9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!! I LOVE getting cards in the mail!! 10. Favorite Christmas movie? I love A Charlie Brown Christmas 11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Every year I say I am going to start in August or Sept, but always end up starting around Dec 15-20....terrible, I know! 12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love all of the treats everyone makes, especially my neighbor! 13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? I like clear 14. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy 15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? I like to stay home on Christmas...if we go anywhere, it's to my inlaws house to eat, which is down the street 16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I sure can! Rudolph is my favorite! 17. Angel on tree top or star? I just have a red bow on the main tree this year. Next year I am going to make my own topper. 18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? We open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning! 19. The most annoying thing about this time of year? It annoys me that so many people worry so much about gifts and forget the real reason of Christmas. 20. What I love most about Christmas? I love EVERYTHING! The lights, decorations, cookies, JESUS, holiday parties, Christmas songs, Church service, being with family, giving, stockings, tinsel, snowman, hot chocolate, baking, SANTA, shopping...I could go on and on...
This has been a terrible past few days. My stomach starting hurting real bad to the point to where I can't even walk. I go to the ER because I can't take it anymore and they run all kinds of blood work, take a urine sample, and do a Cat Scan. The Cat Scan shows that my small intestine is inflamed, but they can't tell me why. The dr. (who is the rudest man alive, might I add) prescribes me Tylenol/Codeine for the pain and recommends following up with my regular dr. So until I can see a regualr dr. I am going to have to sit here in excruciating pain, and not know what's causing it. GGRRRRR As you can imagine, I'm a bit frustrated and with Christmas quickly approaching, I want to feel well and enjoy it. I hope the rest of you are having a wonderful week. Please keep me in your prayers!
I've seen this post on other bloggers pages and thought I would participate. Here are some pictures of the Christmas decor I put up this year...(if you can't tell, I am obsessed with snowman) I finally got around to my Christmas shopping and the kids are just about done. I just have Bailey left, and Bobby and I are going to go this weekend to finish up! I also treated myself to a few pairs of new boots, a few dresses, leggings, jeans, and some shirts! Merry Christmas to ME! Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!
We recently got a Wii and are loving it! It's something fun for us to do as a family and spend more time together! Believe it or not, I still haven't started my Christmas shopping. I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to getting stuff done. Hopefully next week I will tackle it and have it all done! God Bless!
Addy's very own PINK Christmas tree in her bedroom! Close up! See all of the lime green and pink? Perfect for her!
The next pictures are kind of random but Bobby and I have been repainting several rooms in our house and getting it ready to put back on the market! Our house has 3 bedrooms and two baths, but we need 4 or 5 bedrooms. We just feel so cramped and out of room. The Dining room was red and a gray color and we painted it Classic Khaki and Sauteed Mushroom. I think it looks way better! The den was black. I don't know why anyone would want that color for a family room, but it looks so much better now. We decided to go with Sauteed Mushroom (my new favorite color if you can't tell) on the walls, and Khaki on the fireplace mantles and door frames. The room looks way bigger now!
Yesterday morning we woke up to snow on the ground, which made me very happy! I live in Odessa, TX and that doesn't happen too often around here! Addy has never seen snow so I got her out to play in it, and she had a blast! Of course the snow is just about melted now, but it really put me in the Holiday mood! I went to Walmart yesterday and got Addy her very own PINK Christmas tree for her bedroom! It's absolutely adorable! I put lime green and pink decor on it, added some pretty ribbon, and made a little Topper to go on top! I am so proud of her little Christmas tree! For some reason it won't let me upload pictures so I'll add them later! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!
29. Your favorite color? fall (brown.orange.red.for those you wondering)
30. When was the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? week
32. Your best friend(s)? strong
33. One place I could go over and over? Mountains
34. Favorite place to eat? Carinos
Very Random, I know. I just can't help myself! On another note, things have been totally crazy around here. We ran into some problems that kept me away from internet for a while, but I am back now!! YAY. For those of you wondering, my hubby and I have deleted our Facebook and Myspace accounts. We've decided to take time to work on US, and didn't need any distractions. The kids are doing great! Ethan has decided that he wants to live with his dad. I struggled with the thought of this for a very long time, and knew the day would come eventually. My decision was based on his happiness and felt that it was something I should let him do. He has always been very close to his dad and although I am a little sad not seeing his sweet face everyday, I know he is happy and I will still see him all the time! Addy is getting so big. She is almost 18 months old now (oh how time flies), and has literally hit TERRIBLE TWOS! She is so head strong for such a little girl, lol. It's her way or no way. And the girl is FEARLESS! Every mother's nightmare I'm sure. She climbs and jumps off of everything, does front flips off of the couch (literally), will touch any animal, etc. As you can imagine, my days are crazy, but so worth it! There's not much to report on the others except they are very ready for Christmas! Thanksgiving was great this year. Addy, Hubby, Bailey, and I all went to my wonderful MIL's house for a great lunch! I made my famous cheeseballs for an appetizer, my pink stuff, and a pumpkin spice cake. We also had the best turkey ever, dressing, deviled eggs, potatoes, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, yams, rolls...you get the picture! It was such a great day and I have so much to be thankful for! I have not started Christmas shopping just yet, but have so many ideas in mind. I was going to get out today but it's SNOWING...yes SNOWING (YAYAYAYAYAY) and COLD! I just might brave it anyway. I love love love this weather. It really gets me in the mood for Christmas! That's all I have to report today.....God Bless!