Friday, August 14, 2009

TGIF!

I just love Fridays! It's the day the weekend starts and I get to spend time with my Hubby and kids! YAY! Anyway, what a long and boring week this has been. We haven't really been up to a whole lot due to me feeling poopy. I think I have a sinus infection. YUCK! I get about a million of these a year so you'd think I'd be used to them by now. If anyone has any remedies for these suckers please let me know! We did get Ethan's school shoes on Wednesday. That was our outing for the week, and what an adventure it was. My baby boy now wears MEN shoes. HE'S 9!!! (tear) It really makes me sad that he is getting so BIG! We started at Rack Room Shoes but didn't find a thing in his size that wasn't over 100.00 dollars. I refuse to spend that much on shoes that he'll only wear for a few months. So we decided to skip the mall (where the other shoe stores are) and drive to Midland to Academy. After trying on about 10 pairs of shoes and us butting heads about what he should get, we found some gray and black Nike's! Thank goodness. They weren't the ones I really wanted for him, but he didn't like the Under Armor or Adidas I picked out. Both Trinity and Ethan are to the age that "mom" can't pick out their things anymore. I guess I'm just not cool enough! At least Addy is still little and I have a few years of dressing her cute!!! So that was the highlight of my week. I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Our Church is having a Back to School Party to reach out to the neighborhood, and hand out school supplies to those who can't afford them. They are going to serve hot dogs and treats, have jumpers, and a karate instructor is going to do a demonstration for the kids! It's such a great thing they are doing and I hope it will help many people! God has blessed my family and I in so many ways, and I am so happy that I might can make a difference in someone Else's life! I was asked if I could help at the event and hand out supplies to people, and I am so glad to be able to do so. God is so good all the time! I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend! GOD BLESS!!!!

No comments: