Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Busy Summer

I cannot believe how fast this summer has gone by! In just two short weeks, the kids will be going back to school! It's almost bittersweet though. I love having them home and spending time with them, but I also love being able to go do what I want, and workout when I want! Of course I will have miss Addy here, but it'll be so much fun spending time with her! Anyway...back to our busy Summer! We had a blast! We made two lake trips. One was to Lake Nasworthy with our friends Chad and Angie, and the other was to Lake Ivie with our friends Ryan and Erica. I LOVE the lake. Someday Bobby and I are going to own a lake house and retire there! Seriously! Of course we did the normal summer things like swim, swim, and swim! I bought the kids one of those 30.00 blowup pools and it was so not worth the money! I'm glad I didn't spend the 200.00-400.00 that I was going to! They swam maybe 4 times total. However, the did swim at the Y every single day while I worked out, and at the pool by our house. Well more like a mini water park..so fun! We BBQ'd ALOT, hung out with friends and at grandmas house, and played outside! I guess if I look back, it doesn't seem like we did a whole lot, but it sure felt like it! We also celebrated Addison's FIRST birthday June 8th! She is growing up way too fast. I'm not having anymore children, so I want her to stay little and sweet! She is walking, climbing, talking, and throwing temper tantrums now! She is the cutest thing ever though! Ethan had a birthday as well. My baby boy is now 9 years old and is going to start the 4th grade! He is a young man now. He talks like he is so grown up and is so big! He can wear my shoes and is almost as tall as I am! It's sad how time just flies by. Before I know it they will be grown! Here are a few pictures to show what we've been up to...God Bless






No comments: