Monday, December 28, 2009

....and a Happy New Year!

It really saddens me how you spend so much time to prepare for Christmas, and then it's over so quickly! Even though I feel a little bit of relief to have it out of the way, I really don't want to put my decorations away just yet. It always feels so bare when they are gone. Guess I'll have to go shopping to find decor to replace the Christmas stuff ; )! Christmas was great in the Martin house this year. We woke up, had coffee and hot chocolate, then watched Addy open a few of her gifts. The other kids weren't here for Christmas morning, so we decided to let her open the rest when they were here. We got dressed and went to my MIL house for some food, then drove to Lubbock to pick up the kiddos and came back! It was a little different this year since we spent most of the day in the car, but I wouldn't of had it any other way. We had tons of fun singing Christmas songs and just enjoying being with one another. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. My silly camera has been pooping out on me, and Santa forgot to bring me a new one this year! Guess I'll have to treat myself in the next few weeks...hehe. I am normally not one to make New Years Resolutions but this year is a little different. Since I've had Addy I have been a few pound heavier than I am used to, and it's really bothering me. I am going to get back into the gym, eat healthier, and start taking more time for ME. I never do anything for myself anymore (get a mani/pedi, hair done, shop, tan, etc.) I just can't seem to ever find the time or I feel like the kids need something that's more important. Well for the new year I am going to start doing more things for ME and I am going to enjoy it and not try to feel guilty. I think it's important for a mom and wife to take this time to relax and feel pretty! I also plan on spending more time with God and growing more with him. I have been so blessed with the life I have and everyone in it, and I am so not deserving of it, so it's important to me that I take time everyday to thank him and talk to him! This bible verse really touched me and it's wonderful for the New Year...
Philippians 3:13-14
No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.

No comments: